Run Parsec on your Virtual Desktop
1. Order a Windows Virtual Desktop from Auxilio.ai
2. After the VM has started, go to the Network Tab > Security Groups attach the cloud-gaming security group to the VM. This will open ports in the firewall to allow traffic to reach the VM.
3. Login to the VM via the Console tab. Windows 10 requires a password change before the first login, you will find it in your account.
4. On the Cloud Gaming VM download and Install the NVidia Drivers first, install and reboot the VM. After this download and install Parsec and log in with your account.
5. Install an extra display driver https://github.com/roshkins/IddSampleDriver/releases/
6. Go to Display Settings and disable 4 out of the 5 extra monitors;
7. Click the remaining Display, Switch resolution to 1920×1080, check the box “Make Primary Display”.
8. Open Parsec and go to Settings > Network and set the Client Port and Host Start Port to 47999
9. On your machine (Not the VM) open Parsec and go to Settings > Network and set the Client Port and Host Start Port to 47999
10. Download and install the VB-Cable Audio driver from here. This will enable the audio for Parsec sessions.
VB-Cable website: https://vb-audio.com/Cable/index.htm
Q & A
Q I connect to my cloud machine with Parsec and see a Parsec logo on the desktop, and the Windows Task bar, but when I click icons in the task bar, nothing happens.
A There is another screen on the cloud machine that Parsec can’t capture, that is set to your default/primary display. Use the console from console.auxilio.ai to drag the windows that you want into the second display. Just like having two monitors side by side in expanded mode).
Q I use RDP and Parsec does not work
A Parsec will not work if you have an open Remote Desktop session connected to the VM.
Extra Parsec Settings
6. Go to Settings > Host in Parsec
- set Hosting Enabled to Enabled
- set Resolution to Use Client Resolution (you can tweak this setting if you want but there is no point in setting it higher than your Client Resolution, it will only slow down your PC if it has to transcode the stream and consume your internet Bandwidth)
- set FPS to 60 for better quality; you can also increase the Bandwidth to 40 or 50Mbps but keep in mind that your internet connection has to cover this. Check Speedtest.net and see if you have over 50Mbps constantly.
Cloud Gaming PC with 1 Nvidia RTX 6000 GPU
Simple Monthly Subscription. Get it while in beta as hardware goes away fast.
160 Hours Reasonable Usage Monthly. All type of jobs and programs are permitted.